We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
This document was created using an SEQ Legal template.
(2) What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, and page views;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of contacting us (including telephone number and email address);
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small piece of text that can be stored on your computer, phone, or whatever device you use to surf the Internet by the websites you visit. Cookies have many uses, but fundamentally they are used to store information about you. You can find out more information about cookies at aboutcookies.org.
What cookies do we use?
Google Analytics is the program we use to collect statistics from our website to show us how visitors use our site. We use the information to create reports and to help us to constantly improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
|Name of cookie
||How long does it stay on my machine?
|| 2 years
|| 30 minutes
|| Until you close your browser
|| 6 months
Further information is available available about Google Analytics cookies,
and Google even offer an ‘opt-out’ plugin
if you don’t want to accept their cookies.
Our site uses a session cookie which is essential for the site to function properly. By this point, the cookie will already have been set. You may delete and block all cookies from our site, but this may cause it to stop working properly. When you make your decision, another cookie will be created to remember your preference.
|Name of cookie
||How long does it stay on my machine?
|| 20 minutes or until you close your browser
|| 1 year
|| Removed immediately
How do I control which cookies are allowed?
You can use your internet browser’s options to set the level of cookies your machine will accept. Instructions are provided below – please click the link for the browser you use.
(4) Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- keep the website secure and prevent fraud.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
(6) Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
(7) Policy amendments
(8) Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
- the payment of a reasonable fee if your request is deemed manifestly unfounded or excessive, or you request further copies of your data following a request.
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
(9) Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
(10) Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
or by post to AH Garner Ltd, Harrimans Lane, Dunkirk, Nottingham NG7 2SD.